Prevent moisture from entering it through online monitoring
Author：online oil monitorinTime：2021-11-16 16:26
In the process of storage and use of lubricating oil, due to improper use and storage management, moisture will be mixed in the oil; most of it is mixed in during transportation, loading and unloading, and storage. Among the oil products that have deteriorated due to improper storage, the majority of the oil quality is unqualified due to the mixing of moisture.
Combining with years of experience in lubricating oil testing, INZOC Technology found that:
1. Various mechanical impurities mixed into the oil will block the filter and the oil circuit and cause oil supply failure; it will also increase the wear of the mechanical parts and even cause the friction surface to scratch and other adverse consequences;
2. Moisture mixed into the oil can corrode mechanical parts (moisture will also block the oil circuit after freezing at low temperatures); the presence of moisture will cause some additives (such as detergents, dispersants, antioxidants, anti-knock agents, etc.) ) Decompose or precipitate to make it ineffective; when moisture is present, the oxidation rate of the oil will increase, and the amount of gum formation will also increase. The lubricating oil and various sodium-based greases with detergent and dispersant will emulsify in contact with water; the insulation performance of various electrical appliance special oils will deteriorate sharply after being mixed with water. Therefore, preventing the mixing of moisture and mechanical impurities is an important part of doing a good job in oil management.
Lubricant inspection expert-INZOC Technology Inspection once again recommends that you do the following aspects in the oil storage work:
1. Keep the oil storage container clean. Before unloading the oil into the oil tank or filling the barrel, you must carefully inspect the inside of the tank and barrel to remove water and pollutants, so that it is not clean and not filled. The inner wall of various oil storage tanks should be painted with anti-corrosion coating to reduce the rust from falling into the oil. Generally, paints such as raw lacquer, furan resin or epoxy resin can be used for painting, and the effect is better;
2. Strengthen the management of canned and barreled oil products. Barreled oil products should be equipped with rubber rings, tighten the lid, and put them in the inventory as much as possible. Stored in the open air should be placed lying down or inclined to prevent water in the bucket area. Open-air filling operations in sandy, rainy, snowy or dusty conditions in the air should be avoided to prevent intrusion. Clean the water and snow on the bucket in time after rain or snow. Wipe off the dust on the face regularly, and frequently check the oil sample at the bottom of the barrel. If there is water, it should be removed in time. Canned oils, solvent oils, various lubricating oils, greases, etc. are strictly prohibited to be stored in the open;
3. Regularly check the bottom of the oil storage tank and clean the oil storage container. The longer the oil is stored, the more deposits produced by oxidation, the more serious the impact on the quality of the oil. Therefore, the bottom of the tank needs to be inspected once a year to determine whether it needs to be cleaned. The cleaning cycle of various oil tanks is required; light oil and lubricating oil storage tanks are cleaned once every three years; heavy diesel storage tanks are cleaned once every two and a half years;
4. Regularly check the inventory of oil products to ensure the quality of the oil. In order to ensure the quality of the oil and prevent quality changes during the storage process, it is necessary to regularly sample and test the inventory of the oil products. Barreled oil products are re-inspected every six months, and canned oil products can be re-inspected every three months to a year according to their turnover. For oils that are prone to deterioration, poor stability, and long storage periods, the retest period should be shortened.
Extended reading of lubricant knowledge: What is abnormal in the condition of hydraulic oil?
Lubricating oil is the "blood" of industrial equipment, so hydraulic oil is the "blood" of hydraulic machinery. Most of the failures of hydraulic systems and hydraulic equipment can be analyzed and found by means of oil monitoring and oil detection. So as to eliminate equipment failure.
1. The hydraulic oil has impurities and is turbid
There are three main types of impurities in hydraulic oil: solid impurities (debris, solid particles, solid impurities formed by the deterioration of hydraulic oil, etc.), liquid impurities (mainly water, followed by viscous impurities formed by the deterioration of hydraulic oil), gaseous impurities ( Mainly air).
If the hydraulic oil has white turbidity, the possibility of solid impurities or liquid viscous impurities can be eliminated, and it can only be caused by water or air. The hydraulic oil can be sampled for oil detection. Drop the oil sample on the hot iron plate. If there are bubbles (water turns into water vapor at high temperature to form bubbles), it can be determined that there is water in the hydraulic oil; otherwise, the hydraulic oil contains air.
If the hydraulic oil is mixed with water to cause turbidity, let the hydraulic oil stand for a period of time, let the water sink to the bottom of the hydraulic oil tank, and then remove the water. However, if the water content is too high and the hydraulic oil is emulsified, the hydraulic oil needs to be replaced with a new one.
If it is determined that the hydraulic oil is mixed with air to cause turbidity, check whether the hydraulic system pipeline is leaking, and cut off the source of air mixing.
2. The temperature of hydraulic oil rises abnormally
The root causes of the abnormal increase in hydraulic oil temperature mainly include the following two aspects:
The pressure setting of the safety valve is too low, causing most of the hydraulic oil to flow back to the tank through the safety valve, resulting in too low work efficiency of the hydraulic system. If the load is too large, most of the energy will be converted into the heat energy of the hydraulic oil, resulting in high temperature:
The cooling effect of the cooling system is poor, causing the hydraulic oil temperature to be too high; third, the hydraulic oil circulates too frequently in the oil circuit (often caused by insufficient oil), which causes difficulty in heat dissipation and increases in temperature.
Fault diagnosis should be from easy to difficult, first check the amount of oil in the hydraulic oil tank, if the amount of oil in the oil tank is insufficient, it should be added to the standard level in time. Pay attention to the use of hydraulic oil of the same brand when filling, and filter it before use.
If the amount of oil is appropriate, check whether the oil cooling system is blocked. If it is found that the oil cooling system is obstructing air circulation, it should be cleaned in time to ensure normal air circulation and facilitate heat dissipation. Sometimes the fan tape is too loose or slippery, which will also cause the fan efficiency to decrease, and the cooling effect is not good. It should be checked and adjusted in time, and replaced with a new tape if necessary.
If there is no problem with the oil volume, oil cooling system, and fan tape, it can be determined that the set pressure of the main safety valve is lower than the standard value. The pressure setting value of the main safety valve should be adjusted again to the standard value.
3. the hydraulic oil is too dirty
If the hydraulic oil is dirty or dirty, it may be caused by chemical changes caused by long-term use of the oil; it may also be caused by too many impurities and physical changes. As long as the reasons for these two changes are found, corresponding measures can be taken.
The revolutionary digital lubrication oil monitoring system from INZOC.We have more than 10 years of experience in measurement instrumentation, inspection technology, industrial software and services. We make the invisible visible- delivering peace of mind for customers in over 20 industries.
Phone：+86 18820936586 Add： 1002, Block B, Building 1, Longgang Wisdom Home, Baolong 4th Road, Longgang District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China